Thanksgiving is coming up soon and people are already smelling the delicious food that they are about to eat. Yet there is a lot to do before their stomachs can be filled and satisfied so we are here to help! Here’s a recipe on how to make an incredibly juicy Thanksgiving Day Turkey.
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1/2 bunch chopped fresh sage
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, coarsely chopped
- 1 carrot, coarsely chopped
- 1 whole turkey
- 2 table spoon of salt
- chicken broth
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a turkey roaster with long sheets of aluminum foil.
- Stir together the black pepper, rosemary, cayenne pepper, butter, and salt in a small bowl. Rub the herb mixture into the cavity of the turkey, then stuff with the celery and onions.
- Place the turkey into the roasting pan and pour the chicken broth over it.
- Bake the turkey in the preheated oven for 2 1/2 to 3 hours until no longer pink at the bone and the juices run clear.
- Uncover the turkey and let it brown for 30 minutes to 1 hour longer.
- Remove the turkey from the oven, cover with a doubled sheet of aluminum foil, and allow to rest in a warm area 10 to 15 minutes before slicing it.